Adopt a Grandparent
- Suitable for: People missing grand parents
- Where: From home
- Time: Flexible timing – ongoing
- Who benefits: Older people and young people
“Adopt a Grandparent” was recently launched by CHD Living to bring a sense of comfort to young people and the elderly who may not have grandparents/grandchildren of their own, with the aim of creating long-lasting intergenerational friendships.
What is involved?
Register via the CHD Living website and one of their team will be in touch to pair you with your new ‘Grandma’ or ‘Grandpa’.
After that, these are some of the ways in which you can help:
- Having phone calls/video calls with your new friend
- Sending cheerful pictures/stories/poems (post or email) for them to enjoy
- Sharing stories from different generations
- Sending letters/postcards to your new friend, much like a penpal!
Note CHD Living is a privately owned group of care services in Surrey and South London. Due to the popularity of Adopt a Grandparent they are looking to partner with other care homes who may want to run similar “Adopt a Grandparent” initiatives. Get in touch here.