Did you know:
* Trusteeship is open to all ages, backgrounds and skill sets
* Trustees can be any level of seniority in their day job
* The level of time commitment is modest (around 30 hours a year)
* Most people don’t know what a trustee is or that trusteeship is open to them
* 96% of trustees said they had learned new skills and 84% said being a trustee made them happier. (Source: Getting on Board 2019)
Ten local charities are looking for Trustees to join their board. These include: Abbeyfield Reigate; Citizens Advice Reigate & Banstead; East Surrey Live at Home; Home Start East Surrey; Loveworks; Mediation Surrey; Relate; Surrey Clubs for Young People and Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead. Search our volunteer database for more details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the role descriptions.
More information about the roles and responsibilities of being a trustee are available from the Charity Commission here:
Our sister organisation, Tandridge Voluntary Action, are holding an Introduction to Trusteeship training day on 24 September 2019 – details available here (takes you to TVA website).