As part of the “Doing Good Does you Good” project, funded by the BUPA UK Foundation, VARB is offering free training in mental health awareness for the voluntary, community and faith sector. This is a certified training course which is particularly suitable for those working alongside volunteers and/or managing staff.
With an increase in poor mental health it is important that individuals understand their own mental health and how common mental health concerns can be identified in themselves and others, with strategies to reduce the risk.
Learning outcomes from this course are as follows:
- To be aware of common mental health disorders
- Know how to recognise the causes and impact of stress
- Know how to recognise the causes and impact of common mental health conditions
- Understand how individuals may use harmful strategies to cope with a mental health disorder
- Know how to support an individual with a mental health issue
This is a certified course delivered by CM Training. All participants will have the option to sit a multiple choice test on the day, to gain the QNUK Level 2 Award in Mental Health At Work (RQF). This will equip you to become a Mental Health Champion within your organisation.
For further information/queries contact email@example.com. To book a place, please complete the form in our events section here.
(We are also considering running a follow-on Level 3 course on 26 February for participants wishing to upgrade to become a Mental Health First Aider. Please let us know if you are interested.)