VARB’s Festive Feast is a Community Christmas Day lunch for anyone living in the Reigate & Banstead area who would like to celebrate Christmas with other people.
This was the fourth time Lisa Irwin from VARB, supported by her family, has organised this Christmas Day event. It was another successful day. Over 100 guests sat down to Christmas Dinner together and enjoyed festive games and gifts. The meal was prepared and served by volunteers and the gifts donated by local people.
For many of the people attending, the Festive Feast is the highlight of December and makes the difference between a Christmas spent alone and the chance to celebrate with other people. This would not have been possible without the fantastic support of a wide range of generous people and organisations.
On behalf of all the guests, VARB would like to say a big thank you to the following:
- All the great volunteers who helped out on Christmas Eve to set up the venue and prepare the food (that was a lot of sprouts!) and those who gave up their Christmas Day to help transport, welcome, serve and party with our guests.
- Redhill Tennis Club – for donating funding and supplying volunteers, working in partnership to deliver the Festive Feast
- The Community Foundation for Surrey – for grant funding towards the event through the Reigate & Banstead Community Fund
- East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership – for supporting transport of guests to the meal
- Gerrards of Reigate and their customers – for donating and collecting gift bags for guests
- Greener Greens – for donating the lovely fresh vegetables
- Marks & Spencer of Reigate – for donating food
- Nantucket of Reigate – for donating bottles of bubbly
- Surrey County Council – County Councillor Barbara Thomson donated part of her Members Allowance to support the event
- St Mark’s Church, Reigate – for hosting the Festive Feast, enabling us to use your great new kitchen
- Welcare East Surrey – for donating childrens’ gifts and food.