The Mayor’s Volunteer Awards 2020 are now open and you can nominate by visiting the council’s website: www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/mayorsawards
The annual award scheme, now in its seventeenth year, was set up to recognise the unrewarded heroes who do a great amount of valuable work for the borough and its community and to show appreciation for their selfless service. The scheme is organised by Reigate & Banstead Borough Council in partnership with Voluntary Action Reigate and Banstead
Volunteers can be nominated in five award categories:
- Young Volunteer Award – For volunteers aged between 16 and 25 who have gone above and beyond the standard expectation for their age and who have used their own volunteer experience to inspire others
- Volunteer Award – For volunteers over the age of 25 years old who have exceeded what would normally be expected of them and demonstrated their outstanding commitment to their role
- Long Service Award – For volunteers who have completed over 10 years of voluntary service
- Individual Trustee Award – For those in Chairman, Treasurer or Secretary roles who have shown due diligence, good governance and commitment for the minimum of a year, providing outstanding support, guidance and inspiration to the organisation.
- Volunteer Team Award – For two or more volunteers or trustees who have demonstrated great teamwork, provided support and encouragement for other volunteers, and made a significant and positive impact through working together
Volunteers must live and/or volunteer in the borough and not receive any remuneration for their time.
The closing date for nominations is Friday, 1st May 2020.