Merstham Community Facility Trust (MCFT) is a small but growing charity based in the newly-built Community Hub in Merstham. MCFT is seeking a Treasurer with experience of charities. The Treasurer may also wish to serve as a Trustee of the charity, but this is not essential.
About Merstham Community Facility Trust
The Merstham Community Facility Trust (MCFT) is dedicated to supporting the community to achieve their social and economic goals. We are situated within the new Merstham Hub and our aims are to :
- Challenge local deprivation through the support we give to residents and local organisations
- Strengthen the local community by providing facilities that bring people together
- Promote digital inclusion by giving training and access to information technology
What skills do I need?
Ideally, MCFT is seeking someone who:
- has an interest in supporting the charity to deliver the objectives of MCFT, through supporting the residents of Merstham to improve their quality of life as individuals, partners, families and community
- is able to maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- has experience in accountancy or book keeping
- is familiar with financial governance and regulation for charities
- is able to prepare financial reports, budgets and management accounts
- has the ability to support the Trustees in interpreting and understanding financial reports, budgets and management accounts
- is willing and able to work cooperatively with our Accountants in the preparation of our Annual Accounts and other formal reporting requirements.
- is able to attend 12 board meetings per year
To receive more information about this role, please contact our Chair of Trustees, Chris Spragg via email: Chris.Spragg@mcft.org.uk no later than 31 May 2020. Please include a brief outline of how you feel you can meet the skills we have outlined above, together with your name, email and phone number and Chris will contact you.
Interested applicants will be invited to visit us at Merstham Community Hub (at a suitable time) and will be interviewed by 2 or more of our current trustees. Potential appointees will then be discussed at a full trustee meeting and a selection will be made.