Breaking Down Barriers Workshop – 2024 Dates
What Will I Learn?
Sensory Services by Sight for Surrey is holding workshops for professionals in Surrey to gain an overview, understanding and appreciation of inclusion, accessibility and independence for and with people who are Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, partially sighted, deafblind.
With personal insight into everyday lived experience, its challenges and opportunities, you’ll learn about the practical support available, accessible technology and communications and how we work with adults and children across Surrey. This workshop will inspire and empower you to become a champion for access and inclusion in Surrey, helping to break down barriers so everyone can embrace an independent life at home, at work and in our communities.
- Vision impairment awareness, including a ‘sighted guide’ taster
- Deaf and hard of hearing awareness sessions
- Understanding combined sight and hearing loss and the deafblind experience
- Accessible technology, resources and developments, including equipment demos
- Overcoming barriers to access and inclusion discussion
- The work of Sensory Services by Sight for Surrey
- Light lunch and refreshments.
When & Where
Breaking Down Barriers Workshop is on the following dates in 2024:
- Thursday 25th April
- Tuesday 16th July
- Wednesday 16th October
From 9.30am at Rentwood School Lane, Fetcham, Surrey KT22 9JX.
Ticket price per person – Early Bird Discount (£27.80), full price (£54.88)
Sensory Services by Sight for Surrey. This event is supported by South Western Trains Ltd.