#Clubs in Crisis funding
Community Foundation for Surrey has just announced a new funding opportunity for local grassroots sports and community groups in Surrey!
From 12 April, the Made By Sport #ClubsInCrisis Fund will open for applications and will be making unrestricted grants of £2,021 to clubs and community groups who use sport to guide and mentor young people, to deliver wider social outcomes. Applicants must be able to demonstrate how their group can either:
- Develop life skills
- Build strong communities
- Improve mental health
- Develop employability skills
- Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
The Fund is targeted at local, grass-roots sports clubs and organisations who are working with young people. Made By Sport recognises the challenges small clubs and groups have faced with fundraising and income, especially over the last year. As such, groups must meet the following eligibility;
- Priority will be given to groups with under £25K annual expenditure according to the latest accounts or financial forecast for the coming year (although groups with up to £75K annual expenditure are eligible to apply).
- Focus on young people aged 5-25 (at least 90% of the beneficiaries must be within this age group).
- Be able to show that the pandemic has adversely affected the group either operationally or financially, and therefore there is a need for funding to start, save, resume or adapt their activity.
The Fund will open on Monday 12 April and applications can be submitted over the following 5 weeks until 8am Monday 17 May. There is no Expression of Interest for this Fund; simply complete and submit your online application (and provide your supporting documents), and Community Foundation will be touch if they have any further questions. Funding outcomes will be available by mid-July.
More information can be found on their website here: https://www.cfsurrey.org.uk/madebysport/