Covid-19 Digital Musician for Include.org
Include.org is a small but exciting charity based in Redhill, Surrey. Initial visits are recommended but the role can be carried out remotely. (During Covid-19 outbreak, all work is remote). Include.org works with people with learning disabilities and autism through the Include Choir. We sing and sign to raise awareness of communication need and people’s rights, while bringing laughter and inclusion – and we have pivoted rapidly to do this through The Include Choir Online on Facebook Live and through Zoom Sessions each week.
As a result of Covid- 19, our technical demands have significantly increased. We are looking for musicians who create quality digital backing tracks to augment our current library. Tracks may include covers of popular songs, The Include Choir’s own compositions or even new compositions. The style will vary.
The ideal volunteer will have experience of creating digital tracks on in apps such as MuseScore, GarageBand or other mixing and song-writing tools. The volunteer can give a flexible amount of time, but once agreed, will be expected to work to a deadline, liaising with end-users to edit and ensure compatibility in terms of pitch, tempo and quality.
This role is ideal for anyone with an interest in working in the industry.
This opportunity will assist you in developing:
- experience meeting real-time work deadlines
- problem-solving skills
- experience of working for a non-profit organisation
- An opportunity to share and publicise your work.
What skills do I need?
- Essential: An inclusive attitude, enthusiasm, ability to prioritise and multitask, time management skills, persistence, sense of humour, ability to plan and work independently, teamwork, access to own music tech apps & equipment.
- Desirable: Experience in working with third sector organisations, experience of working to tight deadlines, a range of music tech skills and approaches, in depth knowledge and understanding of music copyright law, understanding of disability rights issues.
Availability – flexible times, around 3-4 hours per week (for 3 months)
To express an interest, please contact email@example.com quoting reference “Covid-19 – Digital Musician for Include.org”