Date(s) - 19th Mar
12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Horley Baptist Church
Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead is working in partnership with the Centre for the Acceleration of Social Technology (CAST) and Crawley Community and Voluntary Service, to deliver a free Design Hop workshop in our area.
What is a Design Hop?
Design Hops are the first step, or ‘hop’, into exploring the role of digital in charitable services. By demystifying technology and design, and placing the focus on people not tech, the free half-day workshop and follow-up support helps you start your digital journey on the right foot.
Or if you’ve already started that journey but are struggling to move forwards, Design Hops provide a step-by-step approach to help you plan, prioritise and test.
Who are they for?
Established charitable organisations between £10k-£100m annual income. Ideally CAST is looking for decision-makers, who will be able to put the methods learnt directly into practice and are in a position to further develop ideas, e.g. through allocating internal resource or grant-funding applications. You should also have a good understanding of your charity’s existing services and the challenges in providing them.
What will attendees gain from a Design Hop?
- Digital Confidence; Motivation and Confidence
- Understand what ‘digital’ and ‘design’ means in practice for your organisation
- Follow a step-by-step process to set achievable goals and actions for digital progress
- Meet and network with peers in your area who are tackling similar challenges.
- See examples of other charities using digital and design
- Prioritise an achievable, tangible problem to address
- Hone in on and plan your next steps to test key assumptions and get buy-in from others
To register for a place, please visit CAST’s website here and scroll down to find the Surrey event.