Date(s) - 24th Sep
10:00 am - 4:15 pm
St John's Church
Run by Matthew Plumbridge on behalf of Tandridge Voluntary Action
This one-day course is for those thinking about becoming a trustee and for new and existing trustees who could benefit from some formal training around their roles, particularly identifying trustee responsibilities and liabilities.
- Define the legal status of Trustees
- Recognise ways to reduce associated risks and potential legal challenges
- Develop good practise specific to your organisation
Establish who and who can’t be a trustee, summarise trustee roles, responsibilities and liabilities
- Identify the 3 strands of governance
- Review your role and responsibility for good financial management
- Welcomes and Housekeeping
- Participant Introductions
- What is a trustee?
- Roles, responsibilities and liabilities
- Governing without managing
- Relationship with chair and chief executive
- Understanding finance
Up to 6.25 hours 10am to 4:15pm including breaks and 45 minutes for lunch which will be provided.
The course costs £40 to members of TVA and £55 to non members including lunch. (If you would like to become a member of TVA please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a membership pack).
To book a place please contact Stella Clare on email@example.com or book via the website www.tva.org.uk/events