Family Support Co-ordinator – Home-Start East Surrey
This is an advert for a paid role with Redhill based charity Home-Start East Surrey. See website: www.home-starteastsurrey.org.uk
Thanks to the generosity of the National Lottery Community Fund, we are able to recruit an additional Family Support Co-ordinator. Please read the vacancy details below and if you think you have the skills experience and enthusiasm for supporting children, families and our amazing team of volunteers, then please contact us at email@example.com for an application pack. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job vacancy : Family Support Co-ordinator
Hours: 30 per week over 4 days (negotiable)
Home-Start East Surrey is a voluntary organisation which supports families with children under 12 using trained volunteers to provide the support they need to give their children the best start in life. Because childhood can’t wait.
We are looking for a Family Support Co-ordinator to join our small, friendly team based in Redhill to deliver our family intervention programme across East Surrey, supporting families to move forward positively with their lives. The successful candidate will be responsible for training and supervising a team of volunteers and will have a caseload of families. The role may also include facilitating groups.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for supporting children and families to overcome challenges and develop resilience
- A good standard of education, including relevant level 3 qualification in childcare, education or equivalent.
- A good standard of IT skills
- An understanding of the needs of children and their families
- A good working understanding of safeguarding and confidentiality
- The ability to work on your own initiative, and as part of a team, in a challenging environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people on both a 1-1 basis and in group settings
- Use of your own car (expenses will be paid)
- Availability to work hours flexibly to meet the needs of the role
- Experience of delivering training would be an advantage
The successful candidate will receive a full induction and ongoing training.
Salary: NJC scale point 18, £24,313 + Inner fringe £874 – pro rata
If you are interested in applying for this role an application form, job description and person specification can be obtained by contacting Home-Start East Surrey by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th July 2020
Interviews are planned to be held 22nd July 2020
Home-Start East Surrey is committed to safer recruitment practice as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.
Home-Start East Surrey is committed to equality of opportunity and diversity.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check