Fidelity donates monitors
A big thank you to Fidelity International who donated over 100 monitors for use by schools and charities.
Monitors going spare
Due to office moves Fidelity International had over 100 monitors and large screens that were surplus to requirements. Instead of disposing of them, they got in touch with VARB to ask if any local schools or charities could make use of them.
After advertising the offer in our newsletter and through the Surrey Voluntary Action network, we received requests for the whole stock. Unsurprising as to buy the equipment new would have cost around £8000.
The lovely people at Fidelity even arranged for door-to-door delivery of the monitors.
Improved IT facilities and Cost savings
The following organisations all received equipment, benefiting from improved IT facilities and/or cost savings:
- Surrey Minority Ethnic Forum
- St Bedes School, Redhill
- Voluntary Action South West Surrey
- Community Debt Advice
- Stanwell Events
- The Beacon School
- Kingswood School
- St Mary’s Church Tatsfield
- YMCA East Surrey
Consider donating your IT equipment
Donating surplus IT equipment can benefit the charity sector, their clients, and the environment.
Not all IT equipment is suitable for re-use; however, many items (less than 7 years old) are useful.
Below are some suggested ways to donate:
- Laptops (running Windows 8 or newer) – donate to Level Up – a project in Reigate & Banstead where they will be refurbished and given to local children in need
- Other IT equipment or furniture – donate via the Surrey Social Value Marketplace. Your offer will go out to charities across Surrey.
- Details of other national schemes are available via the Restart Project or the BBC Make a Difference site