Young Trustees Movement Champion Training
When 1 in 12 trustees are named either John or David and fewer than 3% of trustees are under 30. It’s no secret that board diversity is an issue.
Join the Young Trustee Movement in changing that. The first step is attending this workshop.
By the end of this 1 hour workshop you will:
- Be able to articulate and understand how young trustees can enable organisations to navigate uncertainty, future proof decisions and reflect the interest of their communities .
- Have a framework to understand how to approach diversity on boards.
- Be able to run a session with a board to plan practical and achievable next steps.
What attendees have said about the training:
- “Excellent training session, bringing together folks from the sector & aspiring young trustees. Something we’re very keen prioritise as we expand our board” – Jon Arnold, CEO of Tiny Tickers
- “Feeling inspired after joining an amazing training”. Ediane de Lima, Consultant at the Social Change Agency
- “I just became a Young Trustees Movement Champion! In this role I pledge to ensuring that young people are represented in the decision making of @S4TP_BigIdeas. I highly recommend the training.” – Jen Baughan, CEO of Solutions for the Planet
Optional extra hour:
There will also be an additional hour after the session where you will have access to a non-judgemental space, where you can talk through challenges, concerns and any other barriers to meaningfully recruiting and inducting young trustees.
Thanks to funders Young Trustees Movement can offer this workshops for free. Please note they cap tickets so that they can make these sessions meaningful – if you book your ticket please be mindful of this.
This event will be held on Zoom and you will receive the login details in a confirmation email. If you need any support registering for, or accessing, the event please contact email@example.com.