Trustee Information Event – 20 Jan 2021
Charities across Reigate & Banstead are looking to recruit new trustees. They need people from all walks of life and all ages to bring different skills and experience.
Trustee roles are voluntary, board level roles. They offer a practical, impactful & fulfilling professional development experience for people. They also make a huge difference to the effectiveness of local charities, who are serving the community of Reigate & Banstead.
This event is for anyone who wants to find out more about what is involved in becoming a trustee, without any commitment required. The event will cover the basics of trusteeship and tackles common misconceptions around time commitment, liability, who can be a trustee and the charity sector.
The session covers the following practical elements of trusteeship and highlights some of the key areas for consideration when beginning a trusteeship journey. It will be a practical and interactive session where questions can be asked throughout.
- An introduction to what a trustee is and a snapshot of trustee vacancies. Legal responsibilities of trustees and what a trustee role entails.
- Common questions and concerns of young trustees and how to integrate trusteeship with other commitments.
- Understanding all the components that indicate a good fit, including available time, passions, skills, organisation size, maturity, needs etc.
- Understanding what trusteeship can do for your professional and personal development.
- Practical tips on identifying and applying for a trusteeship., including local vacancies across Surrey.
- Links to resources to allow potential trustees to find out more about what trusteeship entails.
The session is being run by “Getting on Board” a trustee recruitment charity, on behalf of Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead. It is available free of charge, for residents and employees in Reigate & Banstead, thanks to funding from the Community Foundation for Surrey.