Hold a gaming tournament
Support The Children’s Trust in Tadworth by holding your own online tournament.
Are you a gaming fanatic or want to connect with your family and friends in a fun way whilst supporting children and young people with brain injury? Then this is the best type of fundraising for you!
You could either hold your own gaming tournament or livestream your gaming session to your family, friends or connections.
Hold your own gaming tournament:
This is a fun way to get your family, friends, colleagues and connections to play against each other and fundraise for The Children’s Trust.
1. Get a group together and find a game you would all like to play that you can compete against, for example, FIFA or Formula 1
2. Ask your opponents to pay a registration fee to take part. You could create a JustGiving page for your players to pay their fee.
3. Use the online multi-player mode to invite your registered friends into your lobby to play in your tournament
4. Find a prize for the winner this could be a good incentive to get people to take part. You could purchase a small trophy/ medal or a box of chocolates and send to the winner. Or just play for fun whilst supporting a good cause.
Twitch is a great way to live stream your gaming session to your followers, you could set yourself a gaming marathon fundraising challenge.
1. If you do not have a Twitch account, you can create one here. The more followers you have the more people who can watch your online stream/ gaming marathon
2. Create a JustGiving and link this page with your Twitch account for people to make donations whilst they are watching you stream. JustGiving have provided a useful how to guide on how to link your JustGiving page to your twitch account.
3. If you are new to gaming or want further advice on how to set up Twitch, JustGiving and OBS studio. JustGiving have also provided further information on how to set this up here.
All details taken from The Children’s Trust website here.