Job Vacancy – Trainee Advocate & Administrator
A temporary part-time job with The Sunnybank Trust – a local charity supporting people with learning disabilities.
- Epsom, Surrey (currently home based and flexi use of Epsom based office)
- Flexi working
- 21 hours per week.
- Up to £26,000 FTE
The Sunnybank Trust is a vibrant community charity that believes that people with learning disabilities should be able to live without prejudice and have confidence, opportunities and control over their own lives.
You will be joining at an exciting time of the charity’s development, as we move towards becoming an integrated organisation that utilises the skills and abilities of those with learning disabilities.
The post holder will help us achieve our vision by contributing to the work of the Advocacy Service by supporting people with learning disabilities on specific issues such as accommodation, care packages, benefit changes and health services.
Reporting to the Advocacy Manager, the role will provide administration support for the advocacy service, both for ongoing casework, as well as for all incoming referrals to the Trust. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Advocacy team with case work
- Maintaining records and data for the service on Microsoft Office 356 and One Drive
- Maintaining individual confidential folders on Lamplight case recording system in order to provide regular reports and statistics on service usage
- Prioritising work to ensure completion of tasks in a timely fashion and to a high standard, using communication and IT skills to best effect
- Carrying out advocacy case work under the direction of the Advocacy Manager as necessary
Induction, training and ongoing support will be given for all aspects of the role. Staff benefits include flexible working, working from home where suitable, a pension scheme and staff parking 10 minutes away from the Old Town Hall, Epsom.
This post is part-funded by The National Lottery Community Fund as part of the Sunnybank – Choices, Voices, Futures project. Funding runs to April 2022.
Further Information & How to Apply
For further information about the role, or to apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 12th August 2021.
Interviews to be held week commencing 16th August 2021