Action Team Member
About The Children’s Trust: We are the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury and neurodisability. We deliver rehabilitation, education and community services through skilled teams who work with children and young people, and their families.
How you’ll be helping: We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals to join our team of Action Volunteers to support our fundraising events, motivate our fundraisers and to help raise vital funds to make a real difference to the lives of children with brain injury. Throughout the year, The Children’s Trust are invited to attend various community events and our aim is to ensure the charity is represented at all of them, for which we need you! Whether you have a few hours or a whole day this role suits a variety of skills and availability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping to promote The Children’s Trust and encourage support from your local community
- Marshalling, cheering and providing support at our variety of events throughout the year
- Raising money using collection buckets at designated underground, train stations, supermarkets and other public locations
- Help spread the word about our events and initiatives by putting posters up, handing out flyers and sharing on your social media accounts
- Help in placing collection tins in your local area
- Manning a fundraising stall at local community events
What we can offer you?
- The opportunity to play an important role in an organisation that supports children with brain injury
- Experience a range of exciting fundraising opportunities
- Developing skills in communication, team work and leadership
- Be part of a community of like minded volunteers with a shared goal
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- On-going support and encouragement
Location: Various, mainly in Surrey
What skills do I need?
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- A people person who enjoys interacting with members of the public
- A 'can do' resourceful attitude
The Children's Trust
- Advice and Information
- Community Support
- One Off Activity / Events
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 26/07/2022
End Date: 31/12/2024
Whether you have a few hours or a whole day this role suits a variety of skills and availability.
Tourettes Action (SH)
Lingfield & Dormansland Meals on Wheels (MOW)
Kempton Great Engines Trust
Sight for Surrey (CSVA)