Allotment Volunteers (CSVA)
Allotment Volunteers (CSVA)
Please note that although many of our volunteer roles are currently paused to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, our volunteering team is vitally important to us and we still want to hear from anyone who would like to support us in this way, so that we can welcome them on board once the current situation improves.
Allotment volunteers will run sessions on one of the Princess Alice Hospice Allotments in Ashford or Banstead for people living with life limiting conditions, those who are caring for them and people who are recently bereaved so that they can come together to support each other and share a love of gardening. These people are known as plotters! We are looking for volunteers to facilitate these sessions and to make the allotment a successful growing project in an inclusive and supportive environment.
Time commitment - 2 hours per week
• Informal team meetings with other Allotment Volunteers to agree projects
• Bi-monthly support sessions to share ideas and concerns
Typical tasks and activities
• To help ensure the allotment is well maintained
• To help the plotters plan and grow crops
• To provide peer to peer support to the plotters
• Liaise with other volunteers to ensure tasks are shared appropriately and fairly
• Assist in keeping machines and tools in good working order and regularly maintained
• Help ensure the waste is disposed of appropriately
• Ensure tools are stored safely
• Keep the shed tidy and locked when not in use
• Keep a register of attendees
IMPORTANT UPDATE - COVID-19
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Princess Alice Hospice, due to the current Covid-19 virus and the nature of our work and client group, volunteer recruitment and training is currently suspended.
If you register an interest in this role, we will keep your details and contact you when the situation changes.
What skills do I need?
• Able to prioritise and exercise flexibility according to weather and seasons
• Good communication skills
• Interest in gardening
• Team player
• Committed to the Mission, Vision and Values of the Hospice.
Princess Alice Hospice (CSVA)
- Health and Hospices
- Mental Health
- No Specific Interest
- Older People
- Befriending & Buddying
- No specific activites
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
one morning per week, 2hrs session
Holly Lane Allotments,
Holly Lane (crn of The Beeches),
Home Start Epsom, Ewell & Banstead (CSVA)
Chaldon Fete Committee (TD)
CARE in East Grinstead & Lingfield (TD)
The Dolphins (VSNS)
Chertsey Good Neighbours (RM)