Boomerang Bag Lead Volunteer (CSVA)
Boomerang bag groups bring people together to sew reusable fabric bags. These are provided to local charities and businesses to help cut down on the use of single use plastics.
We would like to start a boomarang bag project in our Cobham Centre for the Community.
What does this role involve?
• liaising with the centre manager regarding any requirements to run the sessions e.g. new material, equipment
• setting up the area for the start of the activity and packing away at the end of the session
• welcoming the boomerang bag activity participants at the start of each session
• ensuring all participants are guided and supported to ensure any risks/injuries are reduced
2 satisfactory references are required
What skills do I need?
This role would be ideal for someone who:
• enjoys sewing and needlework and wants to share their passion with others
• is organised and is happy leading others in an activity
• wants to meet new people and help benefit the environment and the local community
Elmbridge Borough Council (CSVA)
- No Specific Interest
- Older People
- Befriending & Buddying
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 26/01/2021
End Date: 26/01/2022
This role will be based at Cobham Centre for the Community. Our centres are open on weekdays and activities usually take place between 10am – 3pm. Boomerang bag sessions generally last around 3 hours, from setting up to packing away at the end. There is some flexibility around scheduling so the Cobham Centre Manager will discuss with you when and how often the sessions run when you start your role.
Cobham Centre for the Community
Mediation Surrey CIO
Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead
Surrey Young Farmers (CSVA)
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
Vision 4 Youth (VSNS)