Bumps & Babes, (parent & baby group) Coordinator(s) (this role is often shared)
Bumps and Babes is a drop-in service for all expectant parents and parents of newborn babies and children up to walking age. It is run by local parents as an informal, welcoming forum for local parents to meet up. Tea and coffee are provided as are toys for the babies It is held every Tuesday 10.00 to 11:30pm and attracts an average of 10 parents (and babies) each week. We often offer activities e.g. Baby Sensory, Pottery workshop, cake sales, baby yoga.
co-ordinator is often a shared role which includes;
• looking after attendees by offering teas and coffees and to ensure everyone feels welcome and acknowledged.
• Set up and pack up of the equipment
• Providing a register for attendees
• Collection and banking of payments
• Coordination of the helper rota
• Admin for the Facebook page
• Organising activities and events
Staines Congregational Church is on the corner of Kingston Road and Stainash Crescent. The group is held in hall at the back and there is plenty of parking.
What skills do I need?
A friendly demeanour and interest in pregnancy/babies/children are expected as is a positive, non-judgemental attitude. An understanding of and empathy for, the challenges of the early days of parenthood are desired. Others skills requires ;
· Simple admin skills and access to a PC.
· Ability to use social media (not essential).
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Not for travel
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/05/2018
End Date: 29/05/2020
9.30 am to 11.45 am . Plus 30 mins to 1 hour admin each week. Once a month meet with the larger NCT team for a relaxed and social meeting.( max 2 hrs)
Staines Congregational Church
Home-Start East Surrey (RB)
Work Stress Solutions (CSVA)
Walton on Thames Cricket Club (CSVA)
Reigate District Scouts (RB)
Relate Mid Surrey (RB)