Volunteer Canteen Assistant
To be a general help to do prep for lunch time service to students and staff and support the small kitchen team by serving on the counter. Minimum age 18 years. Duties could include.
- Help setting lunch counter by putting out salads and desserts, cutting up bread
- Ensuring a clean supply of cutlery
- Entering student lunch payments into the cash box and writing on the debt sheet if anyone has forgotten their lunch money.
- Supporting staff by taking contactless payments at the counter from students
- Serving desserts (most of these are grab and go) it’s just making sure they are reachable on the counter
- Helping to clear down counter after service by putting leftovers back into the kitchen
- Washing up and putting crockery etc. away, wiping down of counters and work surfaces
- Sweeping and mopping kitchen floor and behind service counter
What skills do I need?
To be a general help to do prep for lunch time service, and to support the small kitchen team. Duties could include
The Orpheus Centre
- Arts, Heritage and Culture
- Young People
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/09/2021
End Date: 13/09/2022
10:30 - 1:30 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (VSNS)
MHA Communities East Surrey
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (VSNS)