Lunchtime Catering Assistant (CSVA)
The catering team meet all the catering demands of the Hospice including patient meals, hot and cold dining room service, sandwiches and snacks within the coffee shop and meeting room support.
This volunteer role would support the catering team including front of house work and would be an excellent opportunity for someone interested in a career in catering or hospitality.
Time commitment One shift a week, 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday, 9am – 2pm Saturday and Sunday. Weekend hours have some flexibility.
Tasks and activities
• Make sandwiches for sale in the coffee shop
• Serve customers and use the till
• Undertake some kitchen porter roles
• Maintain standards of cleanliness and food hygiene
• Support the setting up of function rooms
• Assist with the running of the coffee shop if required
We will provide training and support:
• Group Induction
• PAH Food Hygiene online learning course
• Access to the PAH education programme
• Regular supervision meetings and ongoing training
What skills do I need?
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, organised, tidy volunteers who are happy to be trained to help in the kitchen and on the tills.
Skills and personal qualities:
• Have good communication skills and be willing to serve the public
• Enjoy working as a member of a team as well as having initiative to work effectively alone
• Good customer service skills – ability to handle money
• A commitment to our values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
Group Induction • PAH Food Hygiene online learning course • Access to the PAH education programme • Regular supervision meetings and ongoing training
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 04/07/2019
End Date: 30/06/2020
One shift a week, 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday, 9am – 2pm Saturday and Sunday. Weekend hours have some flexibility.
West End Lane
Abbeyfield Southern Oaks (CSVA)
Life Housing (RM)
Epsom Riding for the Disabled Association (CSVA)
Age Concern Epsom & Ewell (CSVA)
Care in Walton and Hersham (CSVA)