Coffee Shop Front of House
Our busy coffee shop is located in the heart of Redhill. It is the front door to Christ Central, a lively community church aiming to make a difference to people living in the area. It is also a volunteer-based charitable organisation so, as a volunteer, you will be a key member of our team.
As a Front of House, you will:
- Clear tables, wash up and put away crockery and kitchen equipment
- Welcome customers at the till including taking orders and payments
- Prepare food and serve customers
- Help with other operational needs such as general tidying up/cleaning, restocking, assisting customers etc.
- There will be an opportunity to learn how to make great coffee and become a barista.
You will be joining a wonderful team of people who love to work together and are passionate about serving their community. They are welcoming and friendly and will soon make you feel at home.
This is a wonderful opportunity to grow your confidence and build your experience, as well as develop important life and professional skills.
What skills do I need?
Level 2 Food Hygiene / Food safety certificate
- Must be obtained within two weeks of starting volunteering;
- Online course (approx. 3 hours of training);
- Cost covered by Christ Central;
- Certificate valid for three years.
A desire to learn and be the best you can.
A desire to make a positive difference to your community.
Be reasonably fit .
- No Specific Interest
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/02/2022
End Date: 22/02/2023
SHIFTS 9.30am – 1pm 1pm – 4.30pm 12pm – 2pm
3 London Road
Central Surrey Voluntary Action (CSVA)
Basingstoke Canal Society (VSNS)
Gatwick Aviation Museum (CSVA)
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
Mid Surrey Community Fridges (CSVA)