Tea Bar/Coffee Shop Volunteer (CSVA)
We have seven centres across Elmbridge, aiming to promote an active and full life for residents. Each centre runs a tea bar/coffee shop to serve drinks and hot and cold snacks to our visitors.
What does this role involve?
• serving tea, coffee and other hot drinks to centre visitors
• preparing hot and cold snacks, from toasted tea cakes to sandwiches and toasties
• for those of our centres that provide meals on wheels, the tea bar team also help to prepare sandwiches for our supper service.
This role would be ideal for someone who:
• enjoys meeting new people
• wants to support and get to know others in the local community
• wants to gain some experience working in a customer focused environment
What skills do I need?
No qualifications are required for this role however, you are expected to be confident with handling money and comfortable standing up during the shift. A requirement to undertake training in the use of a cash register and basic food hygiene awareness.
Elmbridge Borough Council (CSVA)
- Older People
- Befriending & Buddying
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/12/2021
End Date: 31/12/2023
Commitment: We need a schedule of volunteer at least one week in advance. We can offer regular slots on the rota or on an 'on-call' rota. Most of our volunteers offer 2-3 hours a week. Current vacancies: • Molesey – Wednesday, Thursday 10am - 12pm • Walton – flexible, ad hoc cover • Claygate – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10am – 1pm • Weybridge – Monday 9:30am – 12pm • Thames Ditton – Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 9:30am – 12pm • Hersham – weekdays 2pm – 4pm
Walton Centre for the Community
Walton on Thames
Molesey Centre for the Community
Bishop Fox Way,
Claygate Centre for the Community
Weybridge Centre for the Community
Thames Ditton Centre for the Community
Surrey Libraries (CSVA)
Barnardo's Charity Retail Charity Shops
Mid Surrey Community Fridges (CSVA)