Committee Member (Assistant Volunteer Coordinator) (RB)
We are currently looking for an assistant volunteer coordinator to join our committee team to assist our Volunteer Coordinator with the recruitment, training and management of our volunteer drivers and duty officers. We are looking for volunteers who will be willing to help out, at times, with other tasks that need doing to make sure that our scheme is successful. The role involves;
- Interviewing prospective volunteers
- Matching individuals to vacancies
- Arranging training
- Development of volunteer social events
- Maintaining a forum for volunteers
- Respond to enquiries from volunteers through email, and phone calls
- Assisting in providing ongoing coaching and support for volunteers
- Assisting volunteers by giving advice, information, and resources
Please note - During Covid-19 crises, we will be following government’s guidance in relation to its service.
What skills do I need?
- Experience of coordinating volunteers is desired but not essential.
- Administrative skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Confident and well organised
- Good people skills
Redhill Good Neighbours (RB)
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- Emergency Response
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Hospices
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Employee Volunteering
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
Our meeting venues are usually accessible, but due to Covid-19, this role is home based.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 17/07/2020
End Date: 30/04/2021
All our roles are flexible and home based. We usually meet once a month in Redhill but due to Covid-19, we now have occasional Zoom meetings instead.
Claridge House (TD)
The Therapy Garden (SH)
Surrey Heath Clinical Commissioning Group (SH)
Brigitte Trust (CSVA)
Care in Shepperton (SP)