Community Fridge Support (RB)
Merstham Community Facility Trust is a small but growing charity based in a newly built Community Hub in Merstham. We are seeking 1 - 6 volunteers to cover our Community Fridge Support position. Our Charitable Objectives are as follows:
- Both independently and through engaging with others, to promote, facilitate and provide services and opportunities for the benefit of the inhabitants of Merstham and Surrey (the “local community”), by working with the local community and other organisations in a common effort to improve social welfare; health; education, employment and the general quality of life of members of the local community;
- To maintain the community centre currently known as the Merstham Community Hub (the “Merstham Hub”) and to maintain, manage and develop the facilities available at the Merstham Hub, whether alone or in cooperation with any local authority or other person or body;
- To promote the charity’s approaches to governance, implementation and otherwise, and to facilitate the development of similar initiatives in the local community and in other areas.
A Community Fridge is a refrigerator located in a public space, enabling food to be shared within a community and reducing food waste. They also enable people facing hardship to have easy access to fresh, nutritious food.
What we offer:
- Taster session
- Volunteer induction and support
- Training opportunities including Food and Hygiene Level 2 qualification
- Friendly staff
- Social events and team meetings
We are looking for volunteers able to commit to a regular morning slot (minimum 2 hours) each week.
- Collecting food from local supermarket 1-6 times a week (am only).
- Weigh all collected food and enter information into recording book.
- Check all food for quality and dates, and sort into fridge or onto shelving.
- Weigh all food past its use by dates or of poor quality and enter information into recording book.
- Check temperature and condition of fridge, and clean when necessary.
- Empty collecting tin and enter contributions amount in recording book.
We are also looking for a volunteer to manage the Community Fridge’s social media posts, through posting recipes, and promoting waste-saving tips (food and other).
What skills do I need?
The ideal candidate:
- Is confident and has good people skills
- Is organised and methodical
- Is happy to handle money
- Has a positive attitude and is reliable.
Merstham Community Facilities Trust (MCFT) (RB)
- Families and Parenting
- Homeless and Housing
- Marketing, PR, Social Media
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/09/2021
End Date: 21/09/2022
We are looking for volunteers able to commit to a regular morning slot (maximum 2 hours) each week.
The Merstham Hub
2b Portland Drive
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation (CSVA)
Waterway Recovery Group
Oxfam Shops - Surrey (RB)
Renewed Hope (RB)
Relate Mid Surrey (RB)