Community Fundraisers (CSVA)
As a Community Fundraiser volunteer you will lead the collection tin activity in your local area, placing tins in local cafes, shops etc and possibly even finding new venues for our tins. At least every 3 months you will collect the full tins and replace with new ones, returning the funds to the Hospice. You could also support other varied community fundraising activity such as delivering posters etc to your local Princess Alice Shop as well as distributing leaflets.
We are particularly interested to hear from potential volunteers who can cover one of these areas: Ashford, Barnes, Brentford, Chessington, Dorking, Ewell, Effingham, Feltham, Hounslow, Iselworth, Leatherhead, Morden, Mortlake, Sutton, Shepperton, Banstead, Sunbury and Worcester park.
Time commitment A flexible commitment of around 4 hours a month, will the expectation that you will come to the Hospice around once a month.
Tasks and activities
• Retrieve existing collection tins from an agreed section of the catchment area local to you, replacing with new tins at least every 3 months and returning the full tins to the Hospice
• Identify opportunities to place new collection tins in your local shops, cafes etc and then commit to collecting them at least every 3 months. Complete the required paperwork to record their location and details
• Deliver event and marketing materials (leaflets, posters) to our PAH shop(s) that are within your agreed local area
• Occasionally support leaflet deliveries in your local area
What skills do I need?
Skills and personal qualities
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Good attention to detail
• Good knowledge of your local area
• Outgoing and willing to be proactive about identifying new collection tin locations
• Passion for the Hospice and good knowledge of the services we offer
• A commitment to our values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible commitment, you can volunteer any time it suits you.
West End Lane
Basingstoke Canal Society (VSNS)
The Brigitte Trust (CSVA)
Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care (VSNS)
Painshill Park Trust (CSVA)
Freewheelers Theatre Company (CSVA)