Be part of something big, be the change that pancreatic cancer needs.
We are looking for volunteers across Surrey to represent Pancreatic Cancer Action to help us spread the awareness of our organisations work and how people can help.
This role could include;
- holding awareness stands in the local area
- inviting local community business to take part in fundraising campaigns such as 'Bake a change' or 'PJ's for PanCan'.
- Deliver information to Pharmacies and GP surgeries.
- Manage the 'change for change' collection tins within the community
- Attend cheques presentation and thank fundraiser groups.
- Organise local bucket collections
- Attend our event hod your own 'cheer squad' at large events e.g. marathon, bike ride
We provide you with resources and material, on going support from the Community fundraiser and access to private Volunteer Facebook group to share idea, access to our event and bi annual updates plus 1 free place in a challenge event of your choice per year (providing you can commit to raise the min fundraising target excluding the London Marathon)
What skills do I need?
Confident communication skills
Good organisational skills
Reliable, professional and honest and trustworthy
Pancreatic Cancer Action
- Health and Hospices
- One Off Activity / Events
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/01/2021
End Date: 31/12/2021
Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead
Basingstoke Canal Society (VSNS)
Camberley Alzheimer Cafe (VSNS)
British Heart Foundation Charity Shops (VSNS)