Conservation Volunteer 16+ (CSVA)
If you care about your environment and want to do something to make a difference, why not join our group of Countryside Volunteers? They meet on the last Wednesday of the month for a variety of conservation tasks across the local countryside sites.
All equipment will be provided along with tea and biscuits and you can
stay for as long as you like. A Countryside Ranger will be on hand to
answer any questions you might have about the task and the flora and
fauna that will benefit from your work.
What skills do I need?
Many different tasks will be undertaken throughout the year depending on the season. Tasks in the past have included:
• small tree felling
• coppicing - Sweet Chestnut and Hazel
• scrub clearance
• pond clearance/maintenance
• bracken and bramble control
• woodland ride creation
• non-native species control – Himalayan Balsam pulling, Rhododendron removal
• heath land creation/maintenance
• general estate work – board walk construction and repair, post and rail fencing, footpath maintenance/repairs, revetment works, path clearance, litter picking,
• hedge laying
- Age restrictions
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
When can I volunteer?
Our regular volunteer days are held on the last Wednesday of every month except December. The day starts at 10am and finishes at about 3:30pm but you are free to arrive and leave as you wish.
Friends of Marlpit Lane Bowling Green (TD)
Stripey Stork (RB)
Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre (TD)
Lingfield Nature Reserves (TD)
Downlands Partnership (RB)