IT Technical Assistant - Epsom
A community choir with a difference!
A new community project in Tadworth has just expanded from its base in Redhill, so a great opportunity to join at the beginning.
Include choir has an established rehearsal base in Redhill with events to promote inclusion within the community for those with communication or learning difficulties. At the choir the service users and volunteers will have the opportunity to learn Makaton signs and other inclusive communication techniques when we sing and rehearse.
No musical experience necessary, just enjoyment of music and fun!
Include are dedicated to improving lives and that is not just for our service users but for our volunteers too!
You will have access to a range of in house and external training, including mandatory safeguarding training (3 hours , online), health and safety guidance and the option of attending FREE Makaton training (usually £79 minimum), a valuable resource to build your own skills and a more inclusive community.
You will be given access to Include’s policies and procedures and expected to adhere to them.
Duties will include but not limited to:
* Help set up the computer and sound system.
* Manage the power point presentation with direction from Choir Director.
* Assisting in organisation for performances.
* Assisting members to access Facebook, membership forms or Zoom. Signposting for additional tech support /resources where needed .
* Assisting in maintaining iPad communication apps (training provided)
* Taking and uploading digital photos
* Joining in the fun!
NO PREVIOUS MUSICAL EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
What skills do I need?
• A good IT skills.
• A can-do attitude.
• Acceptance of all people regardless of needs & abilities.
- Mental Health
- Community Support
- IT and Websites
- Marketing, PR, Social Media
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 04/07/2022
End Date: 31/07/2023
5:30 - 7:30
St Marks Church
St Marks Road
Elmbridge Community Link (CSVA)
Sunbury Neighbours (SP)
The Mulberry Centre (SP)
NCT- Staines, Ashford & Egham Branch (SP)