Swingbridge Boat Crew (RB)
Volunteers are needed to assist crewing the boat for boat trips, including boat handling and looking after community groups.
To help with DIY boat maintenance, e.g redecorating and running repairs.
The volunteering takes place in Basingstoke Canal in Woking from April to mid May.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for people with:
- Good interpersonal skills are essential.
- DIY skills are useful for boat maintenance.
- A good degree of personal mobility is essential for moving around the boat.
- Experience of working with disadvantaged groups of people; an interest in canal boating along with boat handling is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of working in the voluntary sector is also desirable.
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/08/2015
End Date: 31/01/2020
Basingstoke Canal in Woking from April to mid May.
Alzheimer's Society (TD)
Bloomin' Arts (TD)
Stripey Stork (RB)
St Catherine's Hospice (RB)