Digital Buddy Volunteer at Shepperton Library
Could you use your digital skills and experience to assist our customers develop their confidence in digital technology? You would enable them to access employment and training, use online services, become more independent and reduce isolation.
- One-to-one support and encouragement to boost confidence and help people to help themselves with computer basics
- Help to run clubs, classes, seminars and one-to-one training – offering support with a range of digital technology, websites and programs
- Guide customers in using the library catalogue
and website to access Surrey Libraries digital and online resources
What skills do I need?
- Be friendly and approachable
- Confident in basic use of computer and the internet. You don't necessarily have to be an expert
- Be able to communicate with learners of all ages to share knowledge and skill
- Be patient and understanding, having the ability to
motivate and encourage others
Surrey Libraries (CSVA)
- Arts, Heritage and Culture
- IT and Websites
- Teaching, Training and Coaching
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The days and times ticked are the potential times you could conduct the session depending on your availability. If it would be a morning session, it would need to be between 10.30-12.30pm. An afternoon session would need to be between 2.30 – 4.30pm.
Sport in Mind (VSNS)
Kind to Mind
Just Bring Yourself CIC (CSVA)
Dorking Museum and Heritage Centre (CSVA)
Cobham Community Garden CIC (CSVA)