Driver for Service Users (various locations )
The most important part of the role is enabling the vision impaired person to get to and from the clients' homes to Sight for Surrey events such as training, meetings, classes and Resource Centre visits.
The role involves assisting vision impaired people from their homes, into the driver's car, and take to; local clubs or classes, Sight for Surrey at Rentwood and to bring them back.
What skills do I need?
- Car owner with a clean driving licence.
- Safe driving skills.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Sight for Surrey will pay 40 pence a mile for the journeys you undertake on behalf of the organisation.
- Age restrictions
Over 18 Years
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
40 pence per mile
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
Clean driving licence Car insurance need to add business insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 02/04/2019
End Date: 30/04/2020
Ad hoc days and times
Horsley and Bookham Riding for the Disabled Association (CSVA)
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation (CSVA)
Elmbridge Borough Council (CSVA)
Appleby House (CSVA)
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation Retail Trading (CSVA)