Drop-in Volunteer (RB)
Our daytime Drop-In is open to everyone. It particularly attracts lonely, homeless or unemployed people struggling with a range of issues. They all need a friendly face and a listening ear. It provides them with a non-judgmental environment and a community in which they can be themselves. The role includes:
- Drop-In Food Provider - this can either be bringing a pre-prepared meal or using our stocks of food to prepare the meal at the Drop-In
- Kitchen Assistant - helping to serve meals, helping to prepare food and general kitchen duties
- General Volunteer - making drinks and helping out with any necessary tasks
Important to all of the above roles is the ability to make our guests feel welcome by chatting and listening. An acceptance of people from all walks of life and circumstances is vital.
What skills do I need?
- Friendly and non judgmental.
- Good listener.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 02/11/2018
End Date: 31/08/2021
Weekdays - 11am to 3pm (2 hour slots of 11am-1pm or 1pm-3pm) or do full 4 hour slot.
Our Place in The Kitchen
3 London Road
National Trust - Quebec House (TD)
Surrey Fire Volunteer Service (RB)
Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead (RB)
Surrey Libraries (CSVA)