Eikon Trustee - Health Services
The Eikon Charity
Eikon is a leading Surrey based charity that has been working throughout the county for over two decades, providing preventative, early intervention and long term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families. By establishing inspirational relationships between a young person and their adult professional, our vision is to develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who contribute positively to society.
Eikon has developed strong partnerships with local authorities and other statutory agencies, including the local NHS Trust responsible for mental health services, has an income stream from statutory and voluntary sources of c. £2m p.a., employs some 45 personnel and has access to over 70 volunteers throughout its activities.
Board of Trustees
The Eikon Board is responsible for the strategic direction, governance, core policies, fiscal oversight, legal compliance and general performance of the Charity to meet its Charitable Purposes. The Board structure consists of c.10 Trustees, including the key posts of Chair and Finance Director/Trustee, with further Trustees appointed to ensure the Board has the skills necessary to perform its duties efficiently and effectively.
The Board holds quarterly evening meetings, together with the Chief Executive Officer and other Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members, as appropriate. A oneday annual retreat of Trustees with the SLT is held to reflect on the current Eikon 5-Year Strategy, Business Plan and Budget. The Board has three sub-committees (Governance & Risk, Fundraising and Audit & Finance) which meet twice per year and also forms ad hoc Trustee Support Groups for specific projects (e.g. strategy development). Trustees are offered an initial induction with typical time commitment equating to c.2 hours per month, with additional time if participating in subcommittees and/or support groups. Eikon is currently looking to diversify its Board membership and would be pleased to consider candidates from any ethnic / cultural background.
Eikon is currently seeking a Trustee with a general health services (who need not necessarily live in Surrey), and who’s role would include to:
- Oversee and monitor the delivery of emotional wellbeing and mental health (EWMH) services that the charity provides for children and young people
- Advise the Board on relevant developments in children’s EWMH service evolution, in particular services emanating from the Department of Health & Social Care and/or National Health Service
- Support leadership and youth workers in the implementation, analysis and reporting of Impact Measurements tools
What skills do I need?
Skills and experience of a successful candidate would include some of the following:
- Provision of counselling services, especially for children, young people and/or families
- Experience in the medical profession either as a doctor, consultant, nursing or administrator, in particular for children, young people and families
- Membership of and/or experience in supporting a hospital, patient and/or local health authority Board (eg as a Governor)
- Full awareness and experience of Safeguarding processes and procedures, particularly in relation to young people
- Young People
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
- Volunteer induction
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/01/2022
End Date: 07/01/2023
Time commitment detailed in Role Description
Hurst Green Community Association (HGCA)
Watercolour Community Space
Vision 4 Youth (VSNS)
The Hub Englefield Green (RM)
Camberley Alzheimers Cafe (VSNS)