Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer to make a real difference in the organisation through supporting and assist in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) for our staff, beneficiaries and volunteers. We are early on in our journey, so this is a unique opportunity to help shape our work in this area.
The Children’s Trust welcomes a diverse workforce and values difference in its staff and volunteers and therefore we would particularly welcome applicants who hold protected characterises.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing and research for blog posts on topics such as health inequalities, Black History Month and Pride month.
- Researching, Planning and assisting in delivering EDI events/activities and celebrations and helping to set up and facilitate the activities etc.
- Taking part in EDI discussion groups, contributing, and taking minutes.
- Supporting with EDI focus groups/workshops. General consulting, advising on EDI topics.
- Administrative responsibilities e.g. writing emails, making phone calls, designing posters/presentations, recording notes and information on files, arranging meetings/events etc. Inputting EDI data into our system
What we can offer you?
- The opportunity to make a real impact for our beneficiaries and staff.
- References for any future job
- Experience working for a charity and within HR/EDI (an up and coming area)
- Increased knowledge of EDI
- Develop skills in communication, team work and leadership to further your future career ambitions.
- Volunteer Certificate and recognition of thanks
- Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Ongoing support
What skills do I need?
What skills and experience will you need for this role?
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A 'can do' attitude
- A knowledge of and interest in EDI
The Children's Trust
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- Employment, Education and Training
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 30/05/2022
End Date: 31/05/2023
This role is Monday to Friday, 4 hours a week (Flexible)
Transform Housing (CSVA)
Princess Alice Hospice (CSVA)