Events & Fundraising (CSVA)
The role is primarily to help raise awareness and increase donations by members of the public at events around Surrey. Events range from local fairs and county shows, to fun runs and other community events.
We are looking for volunteers to:-
• Help in the admin prior to the event, for example preparing information packs.
• Help placing promotional materials for events in the local community.
• Help in transporting event materials to the venue.
• Help in the setting up and packing up at the event.
• Engage members of the general public in a friendly and enthusiastic manner to raise awareness of Sight for Surrey.
• Offer appropriate Sight for Surrey publications/material.
• Answer general enquiries and direct other specific questions to the appropriate member of staff.
• Encourage people to leave their details so we can forward them further information on our services, fundraising and volunteering opportunities.
• Be responsible for any donations taken on the day. Work in pairs or a small team.
What skills do I need?
Volunteers for this role will need to be:
• Mobile across the county of Surrey.
• Available on an ad hoc basis, primarily weekends and evenings.
• Well organised.
• Confident and persuasive This is a very flexible volunteer role; you will have the opportunity to select which events you can attend.
You can fit your volunteering round your existing commitments, so the hours for this role are negotiable and on an ad hoc basis which is mutually convenient.
Sight for Surrey will pay 45 pence a mile for the journeys you undertake on behalf of the organisation.
Sight for Surrey (CSVA)
- One Off Activity / Events
- Age restrictions
Over 18 years
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Sight for Surrey will reimburse expenses incurred through your role with Sight for Surrey including 45 pence per mile for petrol
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/05/2022
End Date: 11/05/2023
As and when events and fundraisers come up.
Sisters Hospitallers/St Augustine's Care Home
Claygate Youth and Community Hub (CSVA)
Caterham and District Scouts
The Children's Trust