Fundraiser/Income Generation Trustee (CSVA)
We are looking for a Fundraiser/Income Generation Trustee who will drive the development and execution of our fundraising strategy by working closely with our fundraisers and the Board.
- Oversee fundraising and make sure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways.
- Have a good understanding of fundraising, an ability to monitor progress and hold fundraisers to account and to ask the right questions about fundraising strategy and implementation.
- Be able to strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with senior fundraising staff to ensure effective income generation is being achieved.
- Contribute knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, understanding results and approving budgets with real insight.
- Carry out risk assessment at every fundraising stage, especially when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies.
- Network on behalf of the charity to solicit funds on a peer to peer basis.
- Support and encourage the fundraising team in their work and to design and facilitate the organisation’s approach to fundraising.
- Be an active champion of the organisation.
- Build relationships and rapport between Board and fundraising staff.
- Encourage an entrepreneurial fundraising culture and assess the cost benefit ratio of each planned type of fundraising.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for someone with in-depth understanding of the fundraising or business development environment; someone who can help lead and steer our charity in organising our income generating strategy.
You would be a proactive and self-motivated leader, passionate to help in the mental well being of the community, someone who can drive and implement fundraising initiatives for this charity.
You would have good integrity and communication and networking skills, be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications and have the ability to influence and work with others.
An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislation and statutory requirements is desirable. Also an understanding of the challenges facing small UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
The Counselling Partnership (CSVA)
- Health and Hospices
- Mental Health
- Marketing, PR, Social Media
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
- Age restrictions
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/03/2019
End Date: 31/07/2020
Own vehicle or access to a vehicle Will require references Driving licence Own computer or secure access to one Relevant qualification or training