Fundraising and Event Support Volunteer (CSVA)
The Volunteer can be involved to whatever level they wish to be.
They will be part of the WSS Fundraising and Events Committee whose brief is to:
- Stimulate ideas for events from the Work Experience beneficiaries, Trustees and Volunteers
- Find suitable venues, plan, Co-ordinate and organise the event
- Co-ordinate other volunteers, liaising with appropriate staff
- Support Work Experience clients in using Eventbrite or other platforms for ticket sales.
- Liaise with Finance Officer in monitoring finances
- Plan and organise prizes and promotional materials
- Liaise with potential sponsors and businesses
- Liaise with Voluntary Sector partners
What skills do I need?
Specific Practical Roles for Events (Ad-Hoc):
- Attend events and help with practical tasks such as setting up tables and chairs, putting up gazebos.
- Preparing and laying out food, serving food and refreshments, clearing away
- Transporting people and equipment
- Holding collecting tins at events and encouraging donations
- Manning an “Event Line” to provide information about events
- Collect and record cash payments for events
- Manning Charity event table and giving out information about the Charity or recording questions and contact details
- Manning activity stalls at events e.g. Tombola and taking payments
- Leaflet and poster distribution
Any other practical help required on the day!
Home or other venue as appropriate
Work Stress Solutions (CSVA)
- Employment, Education and Training
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Young People
- Marketing, PR, Social Media
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Currently this role is Working from Home, meeting up in the office for a catch up with the WSS Co-ordinator, Wednesday afternoons
173A Kingston road
Looking Ahead (RM)
The Forward Trust (VSNS)
The People's Theatre Company