Gardening Volunteer (RB)
We are looking for volunteers passionate about horticulture and gardening to support the Grounds Manager in making sure that our historic gardens and grounds are maintained to a high standard. Our gardens and grounds are enjoyed by the children and young people who live and go to school here, as well as their families, other visitors and our staff who work here.
Help us keep them looking beautiful all year round.
- The role is hands on and you’ll be passionate and enthused about a varied role
- Developing and enhancing the grounds using a range of horticultural skills including mowing, trimming, weeding, planting and watering
- Assisting with Corporate Challenges
- Interacting with both staff, parents and children who use the site
- Help with setting up events when needed
PPE will be provided.
What skills do I need?
- A passion or interest in gardening or horticulture
- Basic level of gardening skills desirable
- A 'can do' and a fun positive attitude
- Experience of working on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Adaptability and flexibility
The Children's Trust (RB)
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/05/2021
End Date: 31/05/2022
Minimum 4 hours a week (flexible)
Gogmore Farm Park (VSNS)
Staines Shopmobility (SP)
Age Concern - Banstead (RB)
Tadpoles Swimming Club For The Disabled
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation (CSVA)