We have a very small staff team and would love a team of volunteers to help with our clients at our daytime Hub drop in service. The Hub is situated in Walton on Thames.
Your role would be:
· Chatting to our clients to put them at ease and helping them to feel at home in the Hub.
· Helping to determine client’s specific needs and issues.
· Cooking, cleaning & assisting with laundry, computer based help etc.
· Helping clients with employment based tasks, such as writing a CV and applying for jobs online.
What skills do I need?
- Empathy and the ability to connect with people who are vulnerable
- Basic kitchen and cooking skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to use your own initiative, and get involved in the running of the Hub with limited guidance.
Elmbridge Rent Start (CSVA)
- Employment, Education and Training
- Homeless and Housing
- Advice and Information
- IT and Websites
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
petrol / travel costs
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
When can I volunteer?
• The Hub will be open from 10 am each week day. We would ask you to sign up for either a two-hour or four-hour time slot depending on your availability. • You can come weekly, several times a week or on an ad-hoc basis, although we will ask you to sign up to our rota so that we know who is coming in each week. • We’d like you to stay involved with us for as long as you are able, but equally welcome shorter term or less regular help if you just have a little bit of time.
York Road Project (RM)
Tandridge Befriending Scheme (TD)
Local Conversation in Stanwell (VSNS)
Active Prospects (RB)
Manor Farm Centre (RM)