ICT Trustee (SH)
Citizens Advice Surrey Heath is an independent local charity that has been operating since 1960, providing free, confidential and impartial advice. It is part of the Citizens Advice network – the most recognised and trusted provider of information and advice in the country.
The pandemic has led to an increase demand for our services and a greater reliance on technology so we are looking for people with specific skills or experience who are keen to support our strategic objectives of:
● Ensuring a high quality core service
● Improving our reach
● Meeting changing needs
● To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant regulations.
● Contribute actively to the Board of Trustees' role in giving strategic direction, determining policy, setting targets and evaluating performance.
● Ensure the charity’s resources are responsibly managed and deployed
● Support the executive team in managing the charity
● To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
● To ensure effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
● To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
● Act in, and further, the charity’s best interests
In addition to the above statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve:
● Scrutinising board papers
● Leading discussions
● Focusing on key issues
● Providing guidance on new initiatives
● Other issues in which the trustee has special expertise
Equality and Diversity
The Citizens Advice service values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.
What’s in it for you?
• Make a positive impact for people in your local area by ensuring Citizens Advice Surrey Heath is sustainable and meeting the needs of the community
• Meet people and be part of an amazing team building relationships with trustees, staff and other volunteers
• Build on your governance, leadership and strategy skills
• Increase your experience and employability
• We'll ensure all expenses are covered
What skills do I need?
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the ICT Trustee
● Provide leadership in the development and implementation of our Information and Communications (ICT) strategy, within budget framework.
● Advise and support the CEO on ICT matters including supplier and product selection and contracts and the use of hardware, software and services
● Ensure trustee understanding of risks and opportunities of programmes to enable the board as a whole to engage in an informed way.
● Prepares ICT reports and advises the board on ICT matters
● Liaise with national Citizens Advice and other local Citizens Advice on relevant ICT issues
Citizens Advice Surrey Heath (SH)
- Families and Parenting
- Homeless and Housing
- Older People
- Trusteeship, Committee Work
- Age restrictions
18 and above
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/07/2017
End Date: 31/12/2022
Time commitment Trustees attend four Board meetings annually, with papers sent out ahead of the meetings. There will be occasions when Trustees are required to attend other planned meetings i.e. strategy planning meetings, committee meetings and events. Dates for such meetings will be circulated in good time. Further commitments will be determined by the specific Trustee role and appointed Trustees home and work life commitments.
Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead
British Heart Foundation Charity Shops (VSNS)
Tadworth Good Neighbours Scheme
Parity For Disability (SH)