Information Desk Volunteer (CSVA)
We have seven centres across Elmbridge, aiming to promote an active and full life for residents. Each centre has an information desk where we welcome visitors and take lunch orders from members.
What does this role involve?
• welcoming centre members and other centre visitors
• selling lunch tickets and taking reservations via telephone
• keeping a record of the number of lunch guests so the kitchen staff can plan their meals
• selling items from the centre shop, from snacks and greetings cards to fresh eggs and seasonal gifts
This role would be ideal for someone who:
• is outgoing and enjoys meeting people
• wants to support and get to know others in the local community
• would benefit from a regular, routine volunteering role
What skills do I need?
No prior experience is needed for this role, but our visitors do love to chat so be prepared to share some stories of your own!
Elmbridge Borough Council (CSVA)
- Older People
- Young People
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/12/2021
End Date: 31/12/2022
Molesey - Wednesday 10:00am - 12:00pm Claygate - Weekdays various hours Weybridge - Wednesday and Thursday 9:30am - 11:30pm
Claygate Centre for the Community
Molesey Centre for the Community
Bishop Fox Way,
Weybridge Centre for the Community
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation (CSVA)
British Heart Foundation Charity Shops (VSNS)
Claygate Youth and Community Hub (CSVA)