IT Support Volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer experienced in IT to provide:
- general ICT support for a small organisation
- help staff and volunteers with day to day IT issues, for example, trouble logging on to their computer, connecting to wi-fi, finding files
- deliver one to one or group training about using particular software, such as Microsoft spreadsheets or Google docs
- write instructions about how to do basic IT tasks to help volunteers and staff
- help update the local Citizens Advice website
- advise on ICT purchases
- setup new Windows 10 laptops, desktops and Chromebooks
- Troubleshooting when ICT issues occur
- Liaise with our IT support organisation when necessary
What’s in it for you?
- build on and develop skills, in particular IT and communication
- have a positive impact on someone else’s experience of volunteering with the local Citizens Advice
- meet people and build relationships with other volunteers
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- increase your employability
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What skills do I need?
You don’t need specific qualifications but you’ll need to have:
· good IT skills and the ability to work out things
- a good knowledge of ICT including Windows 10 administration, office software, networks, security and data protection.
- experience and/or knowledge of corporate IT technical support, e.g. Active Directory, group policies, cyber security, etc.
- be friendly, patient and approachable
- respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good verbal and written communication skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- have a can-do approach balanced with sound judgement
- be willing to undertake training in your role on the work of Citizens Advice.
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer but you will need to be available during normal office hours in order to access our system and equipment.
Citizens Advice Surrey Heath (SH)
- Employment, Education and Training
- IT and Websites
- Teaching, Training and Coaching
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/04/2021
End Date: 31/12/2021
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come and talk to us.
Surrey Heath House
East Park Riding for the Disabled Group (Lingfield) (RDA)
The Workshop Camberley (VSNS)
Cobham and Downside Residents Association (CSVA)
Relate Mid Surrey
Crossroads Care Surrey (CSVA)