Job Club Volunteer
Rotary Club of Titsey and Churches Together are seeking volunteers who can support jobseekers on their journey to find work
The role of volunteers will be to support and advise only.
Ownership and responsibility for all decisions and whether to accept advice
lies with the job seeker. Volunteers will act purely as facilitators and will
not give recommendations or endorsements.
Volunteers will support job seekers by facilitating the job seeker to achieve the following as is necessary:
- An understanding and appreciation of their strengths, weaknesses, knowledge, preferences and experience in relation to securing a satisfactory job.
- Through the jobseeker conducting appropriate research, identification of sectors and companies that are likely to be a good match for the job seeker.
- The construction of CVs and job application forms that maximise their chances of success.
- Strong interview and employer screening performances
- Negotiating optimal job offers in regard to terms and conditions.
- Encouraging the job seekers and supporting them to ensure they remain as positive as possible despite any set-backs on the job seeking journey.
The above will be delivered either through 1-2-1 sessions or in group sessions. These may be conducted over Zoom or face to face.
Additionally, during group meetings volunteers will facilitate attendees to get to know each other, share experiences and create a constructive group spirit and supportive community ethos.
Full training will be given 1.5 hours x 2 hours on zoom covering expectations, the process, rapport and comms, safeguarding and ethical aspects.
What skills do I need?
Knowledge and experience of the recruitment process ideally both in the capacity of recruiter as well as a job seeker.
Appreciation of the principles of effective job application preparation as well as CV construction.
Understanding of the communication skills needed for job seekers to be successful at interviews.
Have a strong empathetic nature and people orientation in order to motivate job seekers through “thick and thin”.
Good team players
Oxted Job Club
- Employment, Education and Training
- Older People
- Young People
- Advice and Information
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/05/2021
End Date: 20/05/2022
This is flexible and may vary from as little as one hour a week through to several hours a week. The time commitment may include attending a weekly 2-hour job club meeting and a number of weekly 1-2-1 meetings with job seekers. Each job seeker will be offered 1o weeks support.
Age Concern Merstham, Redhill & Reigate
Christian Centre (CSVA)
The Forest Estate Community Hub (RM)
Tandridge Canoe and Kayak Club