Leonard Cheshire social action
Leonard Cheshire works in local communities to support people with disabilities and give them opportunities and choices.
There are a range of ways you can help, through flexible micro-volunteering:
- Send a card, postcard, or message: Could you make someone’s day?
- Birthday Fundraiser – Is your birthday coming up? Would you like people to donate to a charity instead of gifts and cards? An easy way is to use FaceBook Fundraiser and choose Leonard Cheshire.
- Join a campaign — Help Leonard Cheshire build a fairer, more inclusive society.
- Change 100 leaflet — Download the Change 100 leaflet and send it to an employer to encourage them to employ a disabled intern.
- Speaker Network — Book a disability equality speaker.
- FixMyStreet — Report any street clutter you see to improve disabled access.
- Red Cord Cards — Order red cord cards to let venues know that emergency cords should not be tied up in accessible toilets.
There is also a guide giving an example of a 12-week plan for different volunteering activities you can do from your own home.
What skills do I need?
No specific skills required.
Suitable for all ages - young and old.
Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead
- No Specific Interest
- Employee Volunteering
- Micro Volunteering
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/11/2020
End Date: 09/11/2021
Surrey Young Farmers (CSVA)
St Mary's Church