Meals on Wheels Driver (CSVA)
- Collection of meals from a centre and delivery of meals by driving on a designated route
- Handling money (on occasion),
- Ensuring Meals on Wheels clients are well,
- Reporting back to centre Manager if Meals on Wheels clients appear unwell, confused or absent.
- There may be other tasks within this role that may be required from time to time that are not included in the above. The Link Coordinator will ensure the volunteer understands the task and will provide support and supervision if required.
- This opportunity is available in several locations across Elmbridge. (please see Availability Details for a full list of locations)
What skills do I need?
- Volunteers must be car owners with a full valid driver's licence.
- The vehicle must have a valid MOT certificate, insurance and Tax disc.
- An Enhanced DBS registration and 2 cleared references are required to undertake this role.
- Would like to fill a key role in supporting Older People to remain in their homes,
- Enjoys meeting people.
- Has an outgoing and sociable personality.
- Is customer focused.
- Wants to support their local community
- Increase their experience and improve their employability
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
An Enhanced DBS registration and 2 cleared references are required to undertake this role.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Training provided
A comprehensive induction programme and an ongoing training and awareness raising programme is provided.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/03/2018
End Date: 17/05/2020
Walton on Thames
7 Queens Road
Care in Weybridge (CSVA)
Staines Shopmobility (SP)
First Community Health and Care (TD)