Repair Café Receptionist
Merstham Community Facility Trust is a small but growing charity based in a newly built Community Hub in Merstham. We are seeking a volunteer to cover a Receptionist position, once a month, at our Repair Café. Our Charitable Objectives are as follows:
- Both independently and through engaging with others, to promote, facilitate and provide services and opportunities for the benefit of the inhabitants of Merstham and Surrey (the “local community”), by working with the local community and other organisations in a common effort to improve social welfare; health; education, employment and the general quality of life of members of the local community;
- To maintain the community centre currently known as the Merstham Community Hub (the “Merstham Hub”) and to maintain, manage and develop the facilities available at the Merstham Hub, whether alone or in cooperation with any local authority or other person or body.
- To promote the charity’s approaches to governance, implementation and otherwise, and to facilitate the development of similar initiatives in the local community and in other areas.
• Greeting clients.
• Helping clients to fil up our repair booking form.
• Preparing refreshments (tea, coffee, water) to volunteers and clients if requested.
What skills do I need?
The ideal candidate:
• has good people skills and is a good listener.
• has excellent multitasking skills.
• has a positive attitude and is reliable.
Merstham Community Facilities Trust (MCFT)
- No Specific Interest
- Older People
- Young People
- No specific activites
There is disabled access and toilets, but no hearing loop. We would need to confirm if the desk is suitable for wheelchair access.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Travel (e.g. bus fare, petrol – based on current UK Government guidelines)
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/04/2022
End Date: 01/12/2023
Every 1st Wednesday of the month, from 2:30pm to 5:30pm.
The Gatton Trust
Kempton Great Engines Trust
Dorking and District Talking Newspaper (CSVA)
Surrey Care Trust (VSNS)