Retail Assistant - Tadworth (RB)
A fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience in the retail sector. We will provide you with all the essential training and support to empower you to make a difference in your role and help maximise sales and profit for The Children’s Trust.
What will the role involve? Our volunteers work better together, your role is to work amongst a team of volunteers, supporting the Shop Manager to maximise shop sales by;
- Providing excellent service to all customers, ensuring that the shop reflects a positive image at all times.
- Using the till to serve customers (training provided)
- Helping to keep the shop floor tidy and well presented.
- Sorting and steaming donations
- Replenishing stock ready for the shop floor
- Administering Gift Aid donations
- Acting as an ambassador for The Children’s Trust, answering questions on the work that we do (guidance provided).
- Attending regular team meetings and 121s
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop
- Following all relevant procedures including health and safety, safeguarding, security and hygiene and report any concerns to the Shop Manager.
- Any other tasks appropriate to the role
Full covid preventative measures are in place within the shop, mask-wearing and social distancing. Lateral flow tests are available for volunteers.
What skills do I need?
- No experience required.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A 'can do' attitude
- Willingness to volunteer as part of a team
- Trustworthy, polite, helpful and friendly
- Basic numeracy - to help with the till
The Children's Trust (RB)
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Local travel and lunch expenses will be paid in line with our policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 19/04/2021
End Date: 19/04/2022
Minimum 4 hours a week
16 Cross Road
Walton on Thames Charity (CSVA)
Bagshot Scout Group (SH)
Home Start Elmbridge (CSVA)
Heathrow Special Needs Centre (SP)
Brigitte Trust (CSVA)